Minnesota Timberwolves center Karl-Anthony Towns would love to win a championship this season, and he believes it can happen if he can get Anthony Edwards to stop eating Popeyes. Towns wants a healthier team.
On Monday night, following the Timberwolves’ 115-106 loss against the San Antonio Spurs, the three-time All-Star was asked by reporters how he thinks he can improve Edwards as a player.
According to a few NBA betting sites, the Timberwolves have the 13th-best odds to win the championship in 2023. Though, some sportsbooks are showing higher odds at the moment.
“Maybe I could do a better job of teaching him how to take care of his body,” said Karl-Anthony Towns. “You know, diet and everything so.”
“I know y’all think it’s funny when he’s up here talking about Popeyes and all that s—t. That doesn’t make me happy to hear.”
Timberwolves’ Karl-Anthony Towns believes Anthony Edwards should stop eating Popeyes
Towns led the Timberwolves in scoring and boards with 27 points and 11 rebounds. He shot 9-of-17 from the floor and 2-of-6 from downtown in 39 minutes of action.
Edwards finished his night with 9 points, 10 rebounds, and 2 assists in 35 minutes played. His shooting was dreadful. The guard ended his performance 3-of-15 from the field and 1-of-8 from 3-point range.
“We’re high-level athletes, so I got work — I got work to do,” continued Karl-Anthony Towns. “But it also falls on me too, you know. It’s all a cliché, everyone wants to take the blame. It’s all of us. We’re a team.”
While the center’s Popeyes comment sounds comical, he meant it. Karl-Anthony Towns is striving to maintain a healthy lifestyle. In April 2020, his mother and six other family members passed away due to complications of COVID-19.
Through four games this season, Towns is averaging 20.3 points, 8.3 rebounds, and 4.8 assists. With Rudy Gobert in Minnesota now, the 26-year-old can relax during games throughout the course of the season. Adding the three-time NBA Defensive Player of the Year will benefit the Timberwolves come playoff time.
However, Towns wants to see the backcourt improve, especially Edwards. In 31 minutes as a starter, D’Angelo Russell played great against San Antonio, amassing 25 points, 5 boards, 7 assists, 2 steals, and 1 block. Off the bench, Jaylen Nowell contributed 13 points and 9 rebounds in 26 minutes.
Content You May Like
- Best NBA Betting Sites – Discover our list of the best sites to bet on NBA games.
- NBA Futures Betting – Find NBA futures odds, strategies and betting sites.
- Free Expert NBA Picks – Our NBA experts are sharing their daily betting picks and predictions.
- Best NBA Futures Bets – In-depth guide about NBA futures bets.
- NBA Betting Strategies – Learn the best strategies to bet on NBA.
- NBA Live Betting – Top rated NBA live betting sites and offers.
- Best Online Sportsbooks – We tested and reviewed the best US betting sites.
- Best Offshore Betting Sites – List of offshore betting sites with the best offers.
- Best Online Gambling Sites – We reviewed the best gambling sites to gamble online.
- NBA Draft Betting – Everything you need to know about NBA draft betting.
- NBA Teams – Read more about the NBA teams, their stats, rosters and salaries .
- Pacers’ Tyrese Haliburton downgraded to questionable vs. Jazz
- Nets forward T.J. Warren upgraded to probable vs. Raptors
- Nets Have Reportedly Talked With Hawks About Potential Trade For John Collins
- Proposed Trade Sends Two Chicago All-Stars To Lakers In Exchange For Russel Westbrook
- Will the Celtics re-sign Grant Williams after 2022-23 season?
NBA 1 week ago
NBA Betting Odds And Picks Tonight: NBA Best Bets For Monday 11/21
Main Page 1 week ago
WATCH: Giannis Antetokounmpo shoves ladder after loss to 76ers
NBA 1 week ago
Derrick Rose Could Be Traded To ‘Surprise’ Team Emerging With Interest
NBA 2 weeks ago
NBA Player Prop Picks Tonight: Jalen Brunson Over 6.5 Assists Leads Our Best Bets