The deal guard J.J. Barea signed with the Dallas Mavericks ended up being significantly richer than the one he originally agreed to.
Barea signed a four-year, $16 million deal Thursday. He originally agreed to sign a two-year, $5.7 million deal, which would have given him Dallas’ cap-room exception, but the sides negotiated a new deal after center DeAndre Jordan backed out of his commitment to sign a max contract with the Mavs.
Source: Tim MacMahon of ESPN
- Mojave King signs with G League Ignite after two seasons in NBL
- Kings guard De’Aaron Fox weds Recee Caldwell in Malibu
- Celtics star Jayson Tatum tops list of best small forwards in the NBA over LeBron James
- 76ers’ Tobias Harris marries fiancée Jasmine Winton at New York wedding
- Gilbert Arenas drops brutally honest take on LeBron James chasing stats
Main Page1 week ago
Under Armor set to release Curry 4 FloTro sneakers on August 5
Main Page7 days ago
Hornets’ PJ Washington and girlfriend Alisah Chanel expecting first child
Main Page3 days ago
Knicks, Lakers, Jazz nearly pulled trigger on Westbrook, Mitchell trade
Main Page1 day ago
A Complete History of the Dejounte Murray vs Paolo Banchero Beef