Brook Lopez and Thaddeus Young recently said they had already started recruiting potential free agents to Brooklyn. On Sunday night, with superstar Kevin Durant in town, Lopez and Young made their pitch on the court.
The Brooklyn Nets’ frontcourt duo wreaked havoc down low, combining for 45 points and 24 rebounds, and Brooklyn upset Durant’s Oklahoma City Thunder 116-106 at snowy Barclays Center. The victory allowed the Nets (12-33) to snap a five-game losing streak as well as end the Thunder’s seven-game winning streak.
Source: Mike Mazzeo of ESPN
- Dallas Mavericks trade for Kyrie Irving
- New Jersey’s Atlantic City casinos could soon see smoking banned
- Will Lakers trade Russell Westbrook, two first-rounders for Kyrie Irving?
- Buddy Hield fifth player to make 200 3-pointers in five straight seasons
- Virginia welcomes Betfred USA launch as official sports betting partner of Loudoun FC
NBA 6 days ago
Exclusive Ronny Turiaf Interview: Wembanyama is “1 of 1”, Gonzaga has what it takes to win the national title, France can compete with USA Basketball
NBA 2 weeks ago
Exclusive Darren Till interview: I’d say YES to a YT boxing fight; I was stabbed, dying when a nightclub security brought me back to life; I need to work on my aggression to start winning again
Legal 23 hours ago
New Jersey’s Atlantic City casinos could soon see smoking banned
Main Page 6 days ago
Jordan Brand unveils 2023 NBA All-Star Game uniforms