Our All-Access Guide To Everything You Need To Know For The 2023 Jordan Rising Stars Festivities
The beauty of the all-star weekend festivities is that a number of players around the league get a chance to showcase their talent. Whether it’s the all-star game, dunk or three-point contest, and even the Jordan Rising Stars players, they all want to put on a show for the fans watching. With the Jordan Rising Stars game approaching on 2/17, the NBA announced the pool of players who were selected to participate.
Last season the NBA introduced an all-new format for the Jordan Rising Stars game and they’ll be keeping the same format into this years festivities. It’s going to feature a three-game min-tournament with four teams showcasing the leagues best young talent across the NBA and G League.
All-star weekend is in Salt Lake City this year.
Jordan Rising Stars player pool, via @NBAPR pic.twitter.com/zopgmb3Zme
— Hoop Central (@TheHoopCentral) January 31, 2023
The 72nd annual all-star game is in Salt Lake City this season
There were a total of 28 players selected to compete in Jordan Rising stars festivities. A total of 11 NBA rookies, 10 NBA sophomores, and seven G League players. Twenty-one of the players are from the NBA and they were selected by NBA assistant coaches. They will be drafted onto three seven-player teams.
The other seven G League participants were selected by the league’s front office and they will be the fourth and final team for the Jordan Rising Stars. Players were chosen on a point’s system that was voted on by all 30 teams, but they assistant coaches could not vote for players on their own team. Here’s who made the cut.
- Paolo Banchero, Orlando Magic
- Jalen Duren, Detroit Pistons
- AJ Griffin, Atlanta Hawks
- Jaden Ivey, Detroit Pistons
- Walker Kessler, Utah Jazz
- Bennedict Mathurin, Indiana Pacers
- Keegan Murray, Sacramento Kings
- Andrew Nembhard, Indiana Pacers
- Jabari Smith Jr., Houston Rockets
- Jeremy Sochan, San Antonio Spurs
- Jalen Williams, Oklahoma City Thunder
- Jose Alvarado, New Orleans Pelicans
- Scottie Barnes, Toronto Raptors
- Josh Giddey, Oklahoma City Thunder
- Jalen Green, Houston Rockets
- Quentin Grimes, New York Knicks
- Bones Hyland, Denver Nuggets
- Evan Mobley, Cleveland Cavaliers
- Trey Murphy III, New Orleans Pelicans
- Alperen Sengun, Houston Rockets
- Franz Wagner, Orlando Magic
- Sidy Cissoko, G League Ignite
- Scoot Henderson, G League Ignite
- Mojave King, G League Ignite
- Kenneth Lofton Jr., Memphis Hustle
- Mac McClung, Deleware Blue Coats
- Leonard Miller, G League Ignite
- Scotty Pippen Jr., South Bay Lakers
Coaching the team compromised of NBA rookies and sophomores are Pau Gasol, Joakim Noah, and Deron Williams. The G League team will be coached by current Utah Jazz assistant head coach Jason Terry. Joe Mazzulla of the Boston Celtics was selected to coach team Giannis in the all-star game, but tea LeBron’s head coach is yet to be determined.
Some big names headlining the Rising Stars game
🌟 Paolo Banchero
🌟 Scottie Barnes
🌟 Evan Mobley
🌟 Jabari Smith Jr.
🌟 Jalen Green
🌟 Keegan Murray
🌟 Josh Giddey
🌟 Franz Wagner
🌟 Jaden Ivey
🌟 Jose Alvarado
🌟 Alperen Sengun
🌟 Bennedict Mathurin
🌟 Scoot Henderson pic.twitter.com/zEBuUMlw7k
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) January 31, 2023
- Is Payton Pritchard playing tonight (Mar. 28) vs. Wizards?
- Both Raptors and Rockets have shown potential interest in hiring Ime Udoka for his coaching return
- Kings can clinch a spot in 2023 NBA Playoffs tonight, Bucks can clinch Central Division title
- NBA insiders hint at ‘real conversations this offseason’ between Damian Lillard and the Trail Blazers on his future with the team
- Former first-round pick and NBA veteran Eric Montross reveals he started treament for cancer
NBA 16 hours ago
Golden State Warriors’ Jordan Poole Spends Half a Million Dollars on First Date With Rapper Ice Spice
Main Page 2 weeks ago
Paul Pierce sparks fire around Andrew Wiggins’ girlfriend rumors
College Basketball 1 week ago
Purdue Basketball Coach Matt Painter’s Buyout a Sticking Point for Fans Who Want Him Fired After First Round NCAA Tournament Loss
College Basketball 2 weeks ago
ESPN Bracketology’s Joe Lunardi’s March Madness 2023 Bracket, Predictions, and Expert Picks