The Cavaliers have not asked permission to speak to University of Florida basketball coach Billy Donovan, Florida athletic director Jeremy Foley told The Plain Dealer on Friday.
ESPN.com reported on Thursday that the Cavs were one of several NBA teams to reach out to Donovan about their head coaching position, and an NBA source told The Plain Dealer late Thursday night he believed the Cavs were “chasing Donovan first” before pursuing other coaching candidates.
The Cavs have not commented on the ESPN report, and Donovan’s agents did not respond to an email seeking comment on Friday. But Foley did respond to an email asking if the Cavs had asked for permission to speak to Donovan by replying, “They have not.”
- New Jersey’s Atlantic City casinos could soon see smoking banned
- Will Lakers trade Russell Westbrook, two first-rounders for Kyrie Irving?
- Buddy Hield fifth player to make 200 3-pointers in five straight seasons
- Virginia welcomes Betfred USA launch as official sports betting partner of Loudoun FC
- Bucks’ Giannis Antetokounmpo, Marjon Beauchamp probable vs. Heat
NBA 6 days ago
Exclusive Ronny Turiaf Interview: Wembanyama is “1 of 1”, Gonzaga has what it takes to win the national title, France can compete with USA Basketball
NBA 2 weeks ago
Exclusive Darren Till interview: I’d say YES to a YT boxing fight; I was stabbed, dying when a nightclub security brought me back to life; I need to work on my aggression to start winning again
Main Page 6 days ago
Jordan Brand unveils 2023 NBA All-Star Game uniforms
Legal 21 hours ago
New Jersey’s Atlantic City casinos could soon see smoking banned