NC State Basketball: Terquavion Smith To Enter 2023 NBA Draft
North Carolina State basketball star Terquavion Smith announced that he will be forgoing the rest of his college eligibility and entering the 2023 NBA Draft.
A projected first-round pick, Smith is the No. 30-ranked prospect on ESPN’s Top-100 list.
“I’m forgoing my college eligibility and going all the way in,” Smith said. “I’m thankful for everything the NC State coaching staff and fans have done for me. This is the right decision for me to take care of my family.”
Smith entered the 2022 NBA Draft and likely would have been selected but elected to return to NC State for his sophomore season. He averaged 17.9 points and 4.1 assists per game and finished his career eighth all-time in school history in career points per game (17.1).
Projecting Where Terquavion Smith Will Be Drafted
Smith is projected to go towards the bottom of the first-round but it wouldn’t be a surprise to see the NC State guard fall in the draft.
The 20-year-old faces stiff competition at the guard position from a handful of one-and-done prospects but isn’t as polished as one might expect despite having an extra year of college experience.
While the NC State product is expected to have his name called on draft night, NBA scouts do have some concerns regarding his game.
First off, Smith is a smaller guard, who could have some difficulties defending at the NBA level. He has elite quickness and athleticism but has a tendency to play erratic at times.
Smith needs to improve his decision-making with the basketball and his shot selection needs some work, but overall, he’s a gifted scorer and a player that has the potential to make an impact on both ends of the floor. The sophomore guard averaged 2.2 turnovers per game and finished with an assist-to-turnover ratio of fewer than 2-to-1.
Smith also struggled at times with his shot this season, shooting just 38 percent from the floor and 33.6 percent from 3-point range.
NBA Betting Content You May Like
- Best NBA Betting Sites – Discover our List of The Best Sites to Bet on NBA Games.
- Best NBA Betting Apps – Top Betting Apps for NBA Ranked & Reviewed 2023.
- NBA Finals Betting – In-depth Guide for Betting on NBA Finals 2023.
- Best NBA Betting Strategies – Find the Best NBA Betting Strategy with our Expert Guide 2023.
- Free NBA Betting Picks – Discover Expert NBA Picks for Guaranteed Wins.
- NBA Betting Spreads – Learn to Bet on NBA Spreads & Claim up to $1,000 in Bonuses.
- NBA Draft Betting Guide – Best Odds, Picks and Betting Offers for 2023.
- Best NBA Futures Bets – In-depth Guide for NBA Futures Betting.
- NBA Live Betting Guide – Discover the Best NBA Live Betting Sites for 2023.
- Memphis Basketball Recruiting: Can Penny Hardaway Land Carmelo Anthony’s Son, Kiyan Anthony?
- Heat have a flight scheduled to Denver after Game 7 against Celtics
- USA Basketball: Loaded U16 Roster Prepares For FIBA 2023 in Mexico
- Suns Sit Idle as Bucks, 76ers Name New Head Coaches
- 76ers Name Former Raptors Head Man Nick Nurse as Their Next Head Coach
Main Page 5 days ago
Michael Jordan Buys $3.5 Million Custom Venom F5 Roadster, 300 MPH Sports Car
College Basketball 5 days ago
Bronny James Prom Date: Who is Girlfriend, Peyton Gelfuso?
NBA 2 weeks ago
Scoot Henderson wants to prove he can be the No. 1 pick in NBA Draft over Victor Wembanyama: ‘I want to build that fanbase in San Antonio’
College Basketball 2 weeks ago
Caleb Love Transfer Saga: Indiana Hoosiers Back in Pole Position After Michigan Exit