76ers’ Joel Embiid (right knee sprain) questionable for Game 5 vs. Celtics
Philadelphia 76ers center Joel Embiid (right knee sprain) has been downgraded to questionable for Tuesday night’s Game 5 second-round matchup against the Boston Celtics of the 2023 NBA Playoffs.
Embiid missed two games earlier this postseason because of a lingering knee sprain. In his last three appearances, the 2022-23 NBA MVP winner has averaged 26.3 points, 9.7 rebounds, 2.3 assists, and 37.3 minutes per game.
According to a few NBA betting sites, the 76ers have fourth-shortest odds to win the championship. Check out which sportsbooks are giving the Boston Celtics, Denver Nuggets, and Phoenix Suns better odds.
NBA INJURY ALERT: 76ers C Joel Embiid (knee) is listed questionable for Tuesday's game vs. the Celtics. pic.twitter.com/YFKOpMbDya
— DK Nation (@dklive) May 8, 2023
In the 76ers’ 116-115 overtime win over Boston in Game 4 this past Sunday, Joel Embiid ended his outing with 34 points, 13 rebounds, four assists, and one steal in 47 minutes of action. Plus, the six-time All-Star shot 11-of-26 (42.3%) from the floor and 12-of-15 (80%) at the foul line.
“Tonight, playing a lot of minutes kind of got to me at the end,” Embiid said. “We made the plays when we needed. P.J. [Tucker] with the big and-1. Obviously, the James [Harden] shot. I thought we stuck with it. But that’s been us all season long. We stick together and fight through everything.”
Last Tuesday, Embiid became the first MVP winner to average 30 points and 10 rebounds per game on 50% shooting from the field since Moses Malone in 1981-82.
76ers center Joel Embiid (right knee sprain) has been downgraded to questionable for Tuesday night’s Game 5 matchup against the Celtics at TD Garden
James Harden led the Sixers in scoring with 42 points in 47 minutes. Embiid and Harden are the first Sixers teammates with 30 points each in a playoff game since Embiid and Seth Curry set the previous record in June 2021 against the Atlanta Hawks.
Entering Game 5 on Tuesday night, the 76ers are 2-7 ATS in their last nine matchups versus Boston. However, the Sixers are also 5-1 in their past six road games. More importantly, Philadelphia is 5-15 in its previous 20 contests against the Celtics at TD Garden.
Chances of winning the 2023 NBA Championship:
36.1% – Boston Celtics
17.3% – Philadelphia 76ers
14.4% – Denver Nuggets
9.2% – New York Knicks
8.9% – Phoenix Suns
5.3% – Los Angeles Lakers
5.1% – Golden State Warriors
3.8% – Miami Heat#NBA | #NBAPlayoffs
— Basketball Reference (@bball_ref) May 8, 2023
Meanwhile, the C’s are 10-2 in their past 12 home games. The point total has gone over in seven of Boston’s last eight contests as well. And the Celtics are 4-2 ATS in their previous six games played on a Tuesday. In Game 4, Jayson Tatum missed his first eight shots before he scored a bucket right before halftime.
Boston has not dropped back-to-back games since losing 131-129 in double-overtime against the New York Knicks on Mar. 5. Per ESPN’s Basketball Power Index, the Celtics hold a 62.1% probability of winning Game 5 at home. Sportsbooks show the 76ers as a 7.5-point underdog at TD Garden.
NBA Betting Content You May Like
- Best NBA Betting Sites – Discover our List of The Best Sites to Bet on NBA Games.
- Best NBA Betting Apps – Top Betting Apps for NBA Ranked & Reviewed 2023.
- NBA Finals Betting – In-depth Guide for Betting on NBA Finals 2023.
- Best NBA Betting Strategies – Find the Best NBA Betting Strategy with our Expert Guide 2023.
- Free NBA Betting Picks – Discover Expert NBA Picks for Guaranteed Wins.
- NBA Betting Spreads – Learn to Bet on NBA Spreads & Claim up to $1,000 in Bonuses.
- NBA Draft Betting Guide – Best Odds, Picks and Betting Offers for 2023.
- Best NBA Futures Bets – In-depth Guide for NBA Futures Betting.
- NBA Live Betting Guide – Discover the Best NBA Live Betting Sites for 2023.
- Former San Diego State Hoops Star Keshad Johnson Transfers to Arizona
- Bronny Tax: USC Basketball Raises Ticket Prices Ahead of James’ Arrival
- Watch: Scottie Pippen Call Michael Jordan A ‘Horrible Basketball Player’
- Kentucky Wildcats Among Top Options for Rutgers Grad Transfer Cam Spencer
- Celtics vs. Heat Odds, Picks, & Predictions Game 6 2023 Eastern Conference Finals
Main Page 4 days ago
Michael Jordan Buys $3.5 Million Custom Venom F5 Roadster, 300 MPH Sports Car
College Basketball 3 days ago
Bronny James Prom Date: Who is Girlfriend, Peyton Gelfuso?
NBA 1 week ago
Scoot Henderson wants to prove he can be the No. 1 pick in NBA Draft over Victor Wembanyama: ‘I want to build that fanbase in San Antonio’
College Basketball 1 week ago
Caleb Love Transfer Saga: Indiana Hoosiers Back in Pole Position After Michigan Exit