The Atlanta Hawks are seeking a high second-round draft pick in exchange for either veteran guard Marco Belinelli or forward Ersan Ilyasova, league sources told Basketball Insiders.
Both players are in the final year of their contracts. Belinelli is on the books for $6.6 million this season. Ilyasova is due $6 million, according to our Hawks salary page. That price tag is contingent on Atlanta not being required to take on a long-term contract involving a player who is not considered an asset.
ESPN first reported Atlanta was pushing to move Belinelli and Ilyasova.
Atlanta’s thought process is reminiscent of Phoenix at last year’s trade deadline. Phoenix shopped veteran swingman P.J. Tucker at the deadline to playoff teams who needed a hardnosed defender who could guard multiple positions.
In this case, Atlanta is banking on playoff teams in need of shooting to give up a future draft pick in exchange for Belinelli or Ilyasova to help them contend now.
- Lakers coach Darvin Ham suggests that NBA should increase prize money for In-Season Tournament champs
- Hall of Famer Dennis Rodman is dropping his own signature wine
- FSG reveals investment plan with LeBron James for potential Las Vegas NBA expansion
- Former Warriors GM Bob Myers regrets not signing Tyrese Haliburton in 2020 NBA Draft
- WATCH: Lakers bench in awe after LeBron James drops in three-consecutive threes vs. Pelicans
NBA 2 weeks ago
Kevin Durant reveals he requested a trade out of Brooklyn because they didn’t ‘build an identity’
NBA 1 week ago
NBA legend Kevin Garnett revealed he plans to ‘dedicate’ a son to Kobe Bryant
Headlines 2 weeks ago
Michael Malone to Make Changes to Bench
College Basketball 2 weeks ago
Angel Reese Suspension: LSU Star Does Not Travel With Team To Cayman Islands Classic