Mavericks guard Kyrie Irving (foot) doubtful against Lakers
Dallas Mavericks guard Kyrie Irving (foot) is listed as doubtful for Friday night’s road game versus the Los Angeles Lakers. This could be Irving’s sixth game missed with Dallas and 18th overall so far this season.
Markieff Morris (knee), Tim Hardaway Jr. (calf), and Luka Doncic (thigh) were downgraded to out for Wednesday’s matchup against the San Antonio Spurs. Christian Wood (foot) was also upgraded to probable.
Per multiple NBA betting sites, the Mavericks possess 10th-shortest odds to win the championship. Check out which sportsbooks are showing more favorable odds for the Memphis Grizzlies, Los Angeles Clippers, and Lakers.
Kyrie Irving on his potential availability for Wednesday's game in San Antonio: "We're going to see, but it's not looking good. It’s just my big toe. I do everything with my feet. So, I’ve just got to take a little bit more time."
— Michael C. Wright (@mikecwright) March 15, 2023
When asked about his availability for the Mavericks’ road game at AT&T Center, Irving said, “We’re going to see, but it’s not looking good. It’s just my big toe. I do everything with my feet. So, I’ve just got to take a little bit more time.”
Through 51 starts this season, Irving is averaging 27.2 points, 5.1 rebounds, 5.6 assists, and 1.1 steals per game. The eight-time All-Star is shooting 49.1% from the floor and 38.2% beyond the arc as well.
Mavericks guard Kyrie Irving (foot) is doubtful against Lakers for Friday night’s road game
While with the Brooklyn Nets, in a 117-106 win over the Utah Jazz on Jan. 20, the guard scored a season-high 48 points in 39 minutes of action. Along with grabbing 11 boards, Irving finished 18-of-29 (62.1%) shooting from the field and drained eight 3-pointers.
Leading into Wednesday’s game, the Mavericks are 3-7 in their last 10 games. San Antonio is without Zach Collins (rest), Devin Vassell (rest), and Jeremy Sochan (rest). However, Dallas is on a three-game skid. Without Irving and Doncic, the team is arguably one of the worst in the Western Conference.
LeBron James, back on the court, taking free throws after shootaround in New Orleans pic.twitter.com/W7N6Vx71sw
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) March 14, 2023
Additionally, Dallas is 5-1 in its past six matchups versus the Spurs. The point total has gone under in four of the Mavericks’ previous five meetings against Southwest Division opponents. And San Antonio is 4-10 in its last 14 home games.
Based on ESPN’s Basketball Power Index, Dallas still has a 60.8% chance of defeating San Antonio. Sportsbooks show the Mavericks as a 4-point road favorite over the Spurs. As for the Lakers, LeBron James is close to returning after missing the last three weeks due to a right foot tendon injury.
NBA Betting Content You May Like
- Best NBA Betting Sites – Discover our List of The Best Sites to Bet on NBA Games.
- Best NBA Betting Apps – Top Betting Apps for NBA Ranked & Reviewed .
- NBA Finals Betting – In-depth Guide for Betting on NBA Finals .
- Best NBA Betting Strategies – Find the Best NBA Betting Strategy with our Expert Guide .
- Free NBA Betting Picks – Discover Expert NBA Picks for Guaranteed Wins.
- NBA Betting Spreads – Learn to Bet on NBA Spreads & Claim up to $1,000 in Bonuses.
- NBA Draft Betting Guide – Best Odds, Picks and Betting Offers for .
- Best NBA Futures Bets – In-depth Guide for NBA Futures Betting.
- NBA Live Betting Guide – Discover the Best NBA Live Betting Sites for .
- Sports Wagering 2023: Massachusetts Open For Business; Missouri House Moves Bill Forward
- Knicks’ PG Jalen Brunson does not mind the criticism around the league, says ‘It’s been the story of my career’
- EveryGame March Madness Offer: $1000 Extra On Parlays
- Notre Dame guard Cormac Ryan declares for 2023 NBA Draft, enters NCAA transfer portal
- Four NBA players lost $13 million in alleged scam from former Morgan Stanley investment adviser
NBA 3 days ago
Golden State Warriors’ Jordan Poole Spends Half a Million Dollars on First Date With Rapper Ice Spice
Main Page 1 week ago
Paul Pierce sparks fire around Andrew Wiggins’ girlfriend rumors
College Basketball 1 week ago
Jay Bilas’ March Madness Bracket, Predictions, and Expert Picks
College Basketball 1 week ago
ESPN Bracketology’s Joe Lunardi’s March Madness 2023 Bracket, Predictions, and Expert Picks